Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend 2015

Today the boys and I went to church, where we discussed the Holy Spirit because it was Pentecost Sunday. Eli and I were talking about the Trinity on the way home, and I explained that it was the three in one: God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I asked if that made sense, and he immediately replied, "Yes! It's just like my three in one Lego set!" I couldn't have picked a better analogy. ;) 

Eli also made me laugh when he asked why Daddy wasn't joining us this morning. I told him he had some work he needed to get done (interview prep), to which Eli replied, "Doesn't he know learning about Jesus is more important?!" The kid has a point... ;)

After church, the boys and I worked on packing a bit. It was a rainy day anyways, so we were content to stay inside. Unfortunately, I was a bit preoccupied with my packing. I didn't plan to learn the best ways to get permanent marker out of wood flooring and carpet, but turns out rubbing alcohol and hair spray have super powers! Thanks for the new info, Joshua! Soon after that fiasco, Eli snuck upstairs with a sponge. When I first checked on him, he was scrubbing the floors with water (thanks, kid!), but the next time I went up, he had obviously found our all purpose cleaner. He used up half the bottle! Needless to say, our playroom smells very lemony this evening. 




No comments:

Post a Comment