Well, hello there! And welcome to our new family blog, narrated by me and my big bro, Elijah (aka Lil' Bit). We'll be taking turns sharing the writing, so that you can hear from both of us. But for this post, you're stuck with me.
Elijah and Daddy have lovingly nicknamed me Jelly Bean, so I suppose that's my name for now. You should expect to see me sometime around April 25, and I'm very excited to meet all of these wonderful family members and friends that I've been hearing about. I'm especially excited to meet my big brother. He seems to really know how to rule the roost. I'm hoping he'll teach me a few of his tricks!
Right now, Mom is about 13 weeks along, and she seems to be feeling well. I've heard her tell people that I've been a little rougher on her than Lil' Bit was, but that's just because I'm having to fight for her attention. If I didn't make her a little nauseated every now and then, she may forget I'm in here! Actually, the past two weeks or so, I've been much easier on her, and I've even tricked her into thinking the nausea was from her iron-filled vitamins. We've made the switch to some new gummy vitamins, and I think Mom and I both agree that they taste a lot better than those horse pills she was swallowing before. Since I like the way the new vitamins taste so much, I decided to stop making Mom feel yucky so that she'll keep taking them. Now if we could just keep Daddy from stealing them all the time...
Mama and Daddy were hoping to get a chance to see me last Wednesday at our first big doctor's appointment, but they had to settle with only hearing my heartbeat. Actually, I was a bit of a stinker and only allowed them to hear me for a few seconds. I had a bit of stage fright, so I hid as soon as I realized what was going on. The doctor tried to find me for a long time, but she had no luck. Don't worry though, Mom and Dad got to see me today for my first photo shoot. My heart rate was 159 bpm, which was the same as Lil' Bit's the first time my parents saw him!
Enjoy some pics of Mama's growing belly and my first sonogram:
Full body shot
A close up
"Nana Nana Boo Boo!"
Lots of love,
Jelly Bean
Squeee!!!! Can't wait to meet you little Jelly Bean! We love you already!
ReplyDelete