Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Congrats Aunt Becky and Uncle Matt!

We loved celebrating the marriage of our Aunt Becky and Uncle Matt this past weekend.  Aunt Becky had her wish granted when snow started falling the night before the big day and continued until the morning.  It tapered off, and the sun even came out, just in time for the wedding.  They couldn't have asked for a more perfect winter day.  It was beautiful. 

At the wedding, I served as the ring bearer, and I must say, I was a pretty handsome lad.  I had on my shiny shoes, and my tuxedo looked sharp, although it made me look like a football player at times due to the major shoulder pad action.  I cooperated throughout the day in return for Skittles.  I got Skittles for smiling, and I got Skittles for walking down the aisle.  Mom and Dad rarely let me enjoy that special treat, so I milked it for all it was worth.  If they told me I'd get one Skittle, I'd promptly hold up my hand and say, "No, five."  If they responded with, "How 'bout three?"  I'd again state, "No, five!"  I never figured out why they'd laugh when they asked, "What about ten?" and my response was still, "No, five!"   

I did a great job walking down the aisle with my pillow, though I certainly appreciated having Uncle Joey back me up just in case.  He was an usher, so he helped guide me toward Gramma (who was sitting at the front of the church holding the giant bag of Skittles).  I did great through the beautiful service and especially enjoyed listening to my Daddy play the French Horn.  After the wedding, we took lots of pictures, (which meant I got more Skittles in exchange for smiles!), and then we headed to the reception.  We listened to Uncle Dave play during the cocktail hour before my yummy dinner was served.  After eating, we danced for awhile, but I was exhausted.  I really enjoyed being out on the dance floor, but I preferred to be held rather than show off my dance moves.  Because of the timing of it all, I never got to fit in a nap that day, so I was quickly fading.  Thankfully, Dad offered to take me home early, and my parents knew I was tired because I didn't even put up a fight about leaving.  Although the party was fun, I was excited to get back to Gramma and Papa's to curl up in bed after such an eventful day!

Congratulations, Aunt Becky and Uncle Matt!  We are so excited for you and pray that God blesses you with a lifetime of happiness together.

Love,
Elijah

Check out more pictures here!



No comments:

Post a Comment