Way back in March, while we were still living in Kansas and before Joshua was even born, Mom and I surprised Daddy with tickets to see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra at the Morton Arboretum for his birthday. The tickets were for the end of June, and we figured by that point, we would welcome a little outing. We also figured that the new baby probably wouldn't really enjoy an orchestra concert, and more importantly, I may be craving some Mama and Daddy time, so we asked Gramma and Papa if they were interested in joining us for the weekend, with the promise of a little baby time on Sunday afternoon. ;) They were so kind to oblige.
We LOVED our afternoon adventure. We drove to the town of Lisle, which is where the Morton Arboretum is. When we arrived, we almost wished we would have come earlier so that we could have explored the gardens a bit more; they were all so beautiful. Thankfully, we came just early enough to set out our picnic blanket and chairs, and then head to the Children's garden, where an instrument petting zoo was being held. I had a BLAST trying out all the different instruments, and Dad was totally in his element as he showed me the correct way to hold the instruments and make them play. Here are some pics (note that Mom didn't get a photo of me playing the French horn, because a photographer from the Arboretum had stepped in to get a shot).
After our time at the instrument zoo, we walked through a plant maze. It should be noted that Dad got us lost, but Mama saved the day! ;)
We then returned to our seats to enjoy the concert. Here I am all settled in with Monkey and a cookie to listen to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Not bad at all...
Thanks for taking care of Baby Brother, Gramma and Papa! I love him, but I was so happy to have my Mom and Dad all to myself that afternoon!
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment