Thursday, December 27, 2012

20 Weeks and Sonograms

Sorry I’m slow to update on how I’m doing.  The holidays have kept us busy, busy!  Good news though – I’m growing just as I should!  Mom, Dad, and I went in for my 20 week check up a couple of weeks ago, and they got to see me again.  Actually, it was at this appointment that they got to find out my gender.  If you haven’t seen Elijah’s video, you should really check it out…he tells everyone that he’s going to have a baby BROTHER!  That’s right, folks.  I’m all BOY, and Mom, Dad, and Eli are thrilled! 

During that sonogram, I was relaxing with my arm curled up beside my head, so it was hard for the technician to get a good view of the entire limb.  The doc asked that my parents head back a couple weeks later for a few more pics just to be safe.  Mom had another sonogram last week, and they got a better view (though, I was still a bit of a stinker…I really like to curl up!)  My heart rate at that appointment was 145 bpm which is right where it should be at this stage.  The only minor concern the doctor has mentioned is a small cyst by the umbilical cord, but she said she isn’t worried about it and that they would just monitor it throughout the pregnancy. 

Mom has been feeling me move around a ton lately, and I especially enjoy kicking her bladder.  ;)  Dad’s even gotten to feel me kick, so it’s clear to the ‘rents that I’m getting stronger and stronger.  Mom notices me most often when she’s riding in the car or when she’s resting in bed.  I can’t wait to give my first love kick to my big bro.  I’m hoping he’ll be excited too!
  
Love,
Baby BOY Jellybean
Check out pics from our latest sonos and an update of Mom’s growing belly!

 20 weeks
 
Head and chest

I'm a BOY!

Peek-a-boo, I see you!


Little feet

Measurements:
BPD (Biparietal Diameter) or head measurement from side to side - 4.61 cm (53.5%ile)
HC (Head Circumference) - 17.29 cm (41.4%ile)
FL (Femur Length) - 2.96 cm (18.5%ile)

No comments:

Post a Comment